The lips not only impart attraction to the smile but they are also a part of overall personality. The lips get blistered and appear lifeless, if they are not given proper care and attention. It may become painful too.
Photo Credit- Wikimedia Commons by böhringer friedrich
The lips get badly and equally affected by the summer and the winter seasons.
Licking the lips repeatedly also cause blisters in them.
Sometimes the situations become so grave that the blood starts oozing out of them which causes pain and discomfort.
There are several home remedies to take care of the lips in all seasons.
1. Apply honey on the lips and let it dry there for some time. Thereafter apply the thin layer of Vaseline and let it remain for 10-15 minutes. Take a cue tip and soak it in Luke warm water and then slowly remove the layers of honey and Vaseline from the lips.
2. Don’t let the deficiency of vitamin B, iron and fatty acids appear in the body as it causes the upper peels of lips to come off which causes blisters.
3. The deficiency of water in the body make the lips dry. So it is advisable to take enough water even in winters so that the extra dryness in lips may not occur.
4. The vitamin A is very necessary for the skin especially the lips. Therefore take enough vitamin A and include radish, tomatoes, carrots, green leafy vegetables, whole grains and sprouted pulses.
5. The gentle massage of mustard oil on naval removes the lip blisters, gives relief in eye inflammation and dry eyes.
6. Apply coconut oil on dry and blistered lips in the morning and evenings to get rid of these problems.
Home Remedies for Lips and Mouth Ulcers
Photo Credit- Wikimedia Commons by Robert & Mihaela Vicol
1. In case of mouth ulcers apply the powder of Katha and mulathi or Liquorice root with honey on affected areas.
2. The leaves of guava are best in mouth ulcers. Chew the soft leaves of guava with katha for relief in mouth ulcers.
3. Grind the small piece of hurd or myrobalan and apply the powder of mouth ulcers twice and thrice a day. This remedy cures even those mouth ulcers which could not be cured by any other remedy.
4. Suck a little hurd or myrobalan after dinner as it will cure those mouth ulcers which occur due to the disorders of stomach and problems of intestines. This remedy also strengthens the digestion and kills the worms in stomach.
5. Chew 2-3 leaves of basil early in the morning and thereafter take 2-3 sips of water. It will help in mouth ulcers and remove the bad odour of the mouth. Repeat the remedy for a week.